Jim Stargel is in hospital in serious condition waiting for an ICU bed. Apparently there are NO ICU BEDS available anywhere in our area. This is NOT COVID related. There are kidney concerns. Please keep Jim, Helen, MaryAnne, Jody & her family in prayer during this life threatening incident.
top of page
bottom of page
UPDATE: Calling ALL Prayer Warriors!!! Doctors are considering moving Jim to Seattle University Hospital. Test results show a deadly Staph Infection in his spine. Father we ask for your mercy.
Thank you for keeping this thread updated. We will continue to pray.
UPDATE: On Oct 17th, doctors operated on Jim's hip to remove all infection & clean the site. He is no longer in ICU. However, no one is permitted to visit him or any patient in the hospital because of COVID regs. He is heavily sedated & not quickly responding to directions. Please continue to pray for his recovery & peace/comfort for his family.
UPDATE: Helen was chauffered by both daughters to Mt Vernon, Washington. MaryAnn drove all the way from Las Vegas. Jim is doing better. Doctors have removed fluid from his hip to find the cause of his infection. He is still in ICU; is awake & in good spirits & waiting the results of tests. Continue to pray for his recovery & Helen's peace of mind.
UPDATE: Our prayers have been answered. Jim has been airlifted from Newport to Mt. Vernon to a hospital with ICU & dialysis equipment. That's 1 1/2 - 2 hrs north of Seattle depending on traffic. Helen & Jody will drive from Newport (8hrs) tomorrow. Please continue to pray for their safe arrival & Jim's recovery from a life threatening infection.
Oh my. We will be praying. Thank you for sharing.